How to connect my Wii via cord. How to connect my Wii to my DSL modem? How to connect my Wii to my Verizon Modem? Wired Connection walk through for Wii.



Can I connect a Wii via Ethernet? How to connect my Wii via cord. How to connect my Wii to my DSL modem? How to connect my Wii to my Verizon Modem? Wired Connection walk through for Wii.

After you open the Wii program, the home page is displayed.

On the Wii console's main menu, click on the
Wii button in the lower left corner



This will take you to the settings screen. On this screen, click on Wii Settings


In the Wii System Settings, click on the Blue Arrow on the right to reach the second screen of options. On this screen, click the Internet button


Click the Connection Settings button


Select an open connection indicated by None.

Click the
Connection 1 None button



Requirements to Connect the Wii Console Online with a Wired Connection

In order to connect the Wii console online with a wired connection, you will need the following:

  • A Wii LAN Adapter (Wii LAN Adapter will not support for PPPoE).
  • An active broadband internet connection, such as DSL or Cable.
  • A compatible Internet Service Provider (ISP). Some ISPs require a sign-in every time you connect online, or are otherwise incompatible. Contact your ISP for more information.
  • Either a cable modem or wired router with an available ethernet port. (DSL users: while some DSL modems may be compatible, our experience has shown that many are not. We recommend using a router.)
  • An ethernet cable.
Click the Wired Connection button


At this point your console will attempt to make a connection with your wired router.

Click
OK to continue


The Testing Connection is in progress


The Internet Connection has failed because we used dial-up to connect to the Internet in this walk through.
Note: The test connection requires broadband or cable to connect to the Internet.

Click
OK to exit



This concludes the Wired Connection walk through

No comments:

Post a Comment